Like it? Share it…
Turn your kitchen into a science lab!
Here are some fun edible science experiments and activities we’ve tried, and enjoyed tasting afterwards. It’s delicious science that you can eat, drink and/or lick! Yum!
Edible Science for Kids
Looking for more tasty science activities for kids?
Here are some awesome edible science projects from around the web. We’re super keen to try (and taste) all of these!
- For budding geologists, Rainy Day Mum has cool recipes for edible metamorphic rocks, edible sedimentary rocks and edible sedimentary rocks. Awesome!
- Learn about how fossils are made with gummy candies! By Teach Beside Me.
- Steamsational has a great idea for making edible tectonic plates! Fun earth science activity for kids.
- Make colour changing lemonade! So awesome. From Left Brain Craft Brain.
- Make a candy DNA model! From Little Bins for Little Hands.
- Learn about crystals and make your own rock candy! Here’s a fun recipe from Happiness is Homemade, and Growing A Jewelled Rose has a fun version using Kool-Aid.
- Or try making your own edible crystal geodes! Very cool. From STEAM Powered Family.
- Learn about yeast and make your own pizza dough! From Science Sparks.
- Kids Minds manages to turn making a 1 minute chocolate mug cake into a chemistry lesson, with a tasty dessert to eat at the end of course!
- Left Brain Craft Brain shows how you can make Edible Water Bubbles which look really cool!
- Science Sparks shows first how to make meringues, and then how to build a meringue tower. Chemistry + engineering + yum!
- Teach Beside Me has a cool way to make real green eggs and ham using red cabbage!
- Make your own freezer bag icecream! From Mosswood Connections.
- Make a “layers of the soil” cake! Fun earth science activity from Teach Me Mommy.
- Make your own solar oven smores! Delicious science for summer, from Lemon Lime Adventures.
- Make a marshmallow secret message! From Science Friday.
- Make your own edible bacteria in petri dishes! This would be perfect for a mad scientist birthday party. From STEAMsational.
- Make some constellation cookies! From No Time For Flash Cards.
- Find out why popcorn pops, with Little Bins for Little Hands.
- Make your own brain shaped rice crispy treats, and then have a go at being a brain surgeon! From Left Brain Craft Brain.
If you’re on Pinterest, I also have an Edible Science for Kids board that you might like to check out too.