Halloween + science = fun! 🙂
My kids love anything that is spooky and scary, AND my kids love dressing up, AND my kids love lollies and candy, so you can understand why Halloween is their favourite holiday! Incorporating some science learning into their Halloween activities is both fun and educational. Win / win!
Here are some of the fun Halloween science activities that we’ve tried so far… (And we’ll be adding some more here soon…)
Fun Halloween Science Ideas for Kids
But of course, there are loads more activities we’re DYING to try, when we get a chance! Here’s a list of spooky science or Halloween-themed STEM activities that we’ve found, that we’re really keen to try soon. Let me know if you’ve done any of these in the comments below!!
Awesome List of Halloween Science and STEM activities for Kids
- Eruptions are always fun, but eruptions inside pumpkins are even, err, funner! Team Cartwright has three ways to make pumpkins erupt and ooze, each using very different ingredients…
- STEAM Powered Family also created pumpkin eruptions, except they turned their pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns first, so it looks like the eruption is coming out of the jack-o-lantern’s mouth. Puking pumpkins! Gross and cool at the same time!
- Harness magnetic forces with this cute floating ghost STEM activity by From Engineer to SAHM.
- Here’s a cool glowing ooblek recipe that not only introduces the concept of non-Newtonian fluids, but also glows in two different colours, depending on whether you’ve got a black light or not. Fluorescent coolness! From STEAM Powered Family.
- Mama Smiles shows how to make Ghost Balloons, which would be an easy science activity for a Halloween party. (Her son did this with this second grade class).
I also have a Spooky Halloween for Kids Pinterest board where I collate all the fun Halloween ideas that we love.